Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mmm Mmm Good


I'm posting a lot today...
It's because I'm at work.
Today was supposed to be my suuuuuper busy day. 15 appointments. back-to-back-to-back.
But hardly any of my kids have showed up! I've seen about four so far...Ridic.
I haven't been doing homework, because I don't want to get started and then have to stop if an appointment came in...so I've just been web browsing since ohhhh about 830 this morning.

I made taco pie this week!

What is taco pie you ask? Ohhh just about a million calories of cheesy, spicy, sour creamy goodness! It's super yum and one of my absolute favorite things to cook. :)
Monday I made a double portion for the boy and I for dinner/lunch for the week. Whenever I make taco pie it never fails that I forget what temperature I'm supposed to cook it at in the oven. I have to rely on google to find some similar recipe for me evvveerrytime. It's quite sad.

So the boy recommended I put the recipe up here to save me the googling, which I thought was rather brilliant of him. :) So here it is.

Taco pie goodness.

1 lb lean ground beef
1 pack taco seasoning
1/2 can re-fried beans
2 cans crescent rolls
1 zip log baggy full of tortilla chips
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup of mexi-blend cheese

Preheat oven to 350
Brown meat & add taco seasoning
Spray 9 inch pan generously with cooking spray
Spread crescent rolls over/up sides of pan
Spoon beans into pan
Mix sour cream with cooked ground beef and spread half the mixture in pan
Layer crushed tortilla chips over meat
Layer 1/2 cup of cheese over chips
Complete meat and cheese layer a second time
Bake 30 minutes

YUM.





No comments:

Post a Comment