Wednesday, July 31, 2013

bathroom envy

So I have this aunt who is amazingly crafty. She's been making rugs and wreaths and other pretty things for as long as I can remember. She's also a landscape designer and has a yard that looks like it's straight out of a magazine (waterfalls and all). And she has the cutest little shop on her property where she sells candles, lanterns, and other little knick knacks. She's pretty adorable.

We had a chance to gather at my aunt and uncle's home while I was in town for my cousin's wedding last weekend and I was BLOWN AWAY by her new bathroom remodel. After I picked up my jaw, I grabbed the camera and started taking pictures. Lookit!







I am so sad I don't have a before picture to share. The bathroom was about half this size with no window, a tiny one person vanity and a shower/tub combo against the back wall. My uncle borrowed some extra square footage from a back bedroom to make this space roomy and inviting. My aunt found the buffet-turned-vanity while at thrifting one day. She didn't even have to paint it! They saved pennies by buying scratch and dent with the tub and shower doors and doing all of the remodel themselves. So cool. I also fell in love with the floors, which are a hand-scraped tile. I'd like to do something similar in our kitchen. And the wall paneling? That's from my great grandmother's home that was torn down earlier this spring. Amazing. And so special!

I love pretty much everything about it. The colors worked beautifully together and I want to live in that bathtub.


No comments:

Post a Comment