Saturday, July 6, 2013

some new favorites


So we didn't make the fireworks. I know, I know, we're lame. We decided to hide out from the crowds in the comfort of our living room eating sweets and playing games with friends instead. A decision I don't regret AT ALL. I hear there were lots of technical complications anyway, and who wants to sit through that?
Not I.

TODAY IS PAINTING DAY!!!!
And I am planning to desecrate our blah brown walls with paint samples! Yip yip! While I am so stoked to finally get rid of the brown, Tanner is in full-on cringe mode over everything. Yesterday he asked if we could just paint the samples onto poster board and hold them up to the walls...yeaaa I don't think we're gonna do that. Sorry bud. It's time to bite the bullet.

Before jumping into my painting clothes, I decided to try a new workout this morning. Swimming! After my first cup of coffee and a banana, I headed over to our neighborhood pool to swim a few laps. The pool was gloriously deserted that early in the morning, and while I'm certain my technique was all kinds of wrong, it was such a nice change of pace from running and workout videos and it was FUN. I'm pretty sure I'll be going back for more tomorrow.


After swimming I was starving, and decided to try my hand at a breakfast drink instead of my usual eggs or yogurt. I'm usually not a huge fan of drinking my calories, but this my shake was so tasty and incredibly filling (at least so far). Here is the recipe I followed:
  • One small banana
  • 1 tbsp PB2 powder
  • 1 tbsp PB2 chocolate powder
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 cup crushed ice
  • 2 tbsp nonfat, plain greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
Food prep was super easy (just throwing it all in the blender) and clean up was quick! I will definitely be making this bad boy again as well as some other recipes from around the web. Peanut Butter Fingers has a ton of smoothie/shake recipes and they all sound ridiculously yummy. I'll be trying out that Key Lime Pie Protein Smoothie soon.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment